Our Commitment to Our Donors
Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect
Wikiniki collects information when you visit our website, create an account, edit your account information, or use features on the platform to donate to a charity. Some of this information is technical information automatically logged by our servers. Outlined below are the types of information, both directly from you and indirectly through the collection of information by third-party service providers that we specifically collect.
You authorize us to use, store and otherwise process any personal information which relates to and identifies you, including (but not limited to) your name and address, to the extent reasonably necessary to provide the services which are available through our website, our Partners, successors, assignees, associates, sub-contractors, or other third parties.
Examples of different purposes for which we may collect Personal Information include, but are not limited to:
- The registration process for Registered Users;
- Use of areas of the Wikiniki website, in which you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, username and password, falling under the registration process for Registered Users;
- Donations made directly to Wikiniki and to Wikiniki made through resources including Classy Inc. from which we collect Personal Information such as your name, billing address, and e-mail address, if you have not already provided these details. We collect information about your donation, including the amount of your donation.
- Job applications;
- Surveys. Periodically, Wikiniki may invite you to participate in completing online surveys. If you have created a Wikiniki account, information we collect from these surveys may be associated with you personally;
- Contact you regarding your donation(s), as to the quality of the service, as well as any potential errors that may have occurred;
- Voluntary submissions to Wikiniki requesting information about our products and services, signing up to receive information from us, or sending us an e-mail;
- E-mail subscriptions. Wikiniki may also compile a subscription list to which you voluntarily submit your name, mailing address, and/or email address. The purpose of such a subscription list would be to send you periodic updates to subscribers on matters of interest, provided you will have the ability to opt out of further communications in accordance with procedures described in each such update.
In addition to the Personal Information, we and our Partners may collect additional information that does not personally identify you (“Other Information”). Other Information may include information collected:
From Your Activity. Information that we or our Partners may automatically collect when you visit, access, and/or use the Platform, including, but not limited to your IP address, Internet service provider, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, which sections of the Wikiniki or Partner website you visit, number of links you click while on the Platform, search terms, operating system, general geographic location, and technical information about your mobile device.
Do Not Track (“DNT”). Wikiniki assumes no responsibility for responding to “Do Not Track” web browser signals. Consult external website polices regarding their responses to DNT signals.
Partners include, but are not limited to:
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Search Engines and Other Sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with Wikiniki, such as archive.org or google.com, may crawl the Site and make available to the public publicly-available content and postings from the site. The Site may also contain links to other websites. Wikiniki is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. Wikiniki encourages its visitors and users to be aware of such search engines and other sites when they leave the Site and to read the privacy statement of each website they visit.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use Personal Information and Other Information to provide you Services, process your donations, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services, personalize communications and fundraising appeals that we believe will be of interest to you, and to improve our Services to you.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
Upon request, Wikiniki will grant individuals reasonable access to Personal Information that we and our agents hold about them. For example, visitors to the Platform who have provided Personal Information to us may review and/or make changes to the same by contacting Wikiniki. In addition, individuals may manage their receipt of marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Charity Navigator marketing e-mail or by following the instructions found on the Platform. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect Personal Information and Other Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Platform may not be secure, and you should, therefore, take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.