welcome to Wikiniki.
We invite you to access and use our online services, which are made available to you through a variety of portals and platforms, including https://www.wikiniki.org, https://en.wikiniki.org, and collectively with any such other platforms.
1.Description and Use of Services
Wikiniki helps donors make informed giving decisions and enables charities to demonstrate their commitment to proper stewardship by, among other things, evaluating and publishing financial ratings of charities through a searchable database of information.
We provide Visitors, Registered Users, and Charity Representative Users with access to the Services as described in this Agreement.
Visitors, as the term implies, are people who don't register with us, but want to view various webpages and see what the Services are all about. No login is required for Visitors. Visitors can: (a) view all publicly-available content, including, without limitation, the Wikiniki Database; (b) access and/or submit content to certain third-party applications (for example, by making donations to charities and publishing comments on charities' profiles) ("Third-Party Applications"); and (c) e-mail us.
Login is required for all Registered Users, who are able to access and utilize the same functions as Visitors, and: (a) flag charities of interest in their own charity "portfolio"; (b) update their accounts; and (c) sign up for Wikiniki's newsletter, alerts, and other notifications.
Charity Representative Users.
ach charity is permitted to designate an official representative to manage its Charity profile, who is able to access and utilize the same functions as Registered Users, and: (a) update basic information about the applicable charity; (b) leave comments on the charity's page about its current rating; and (c) update accountability and transparency data in the Charity Navigator Database. For purposes of the Agreement, unless otherwise herein stated, the term "Registered User" shall include Charity Representative Users.
Wikiniki is under no obligation to accept any individual as a Registered User, and may accept or reject any registration in its sole and complete discretion. In addition, Wikiniki may deactivate any account at any time, including, without limitation, if it determines that a Registered User has violated the Agreement.
Wikiniki's community, like any community, functions best when its users follow a few simple rules. By accessing and/or using the Services, you agree to comply with these Community Rules:
- You will not use the Services for any unlawful purpose;
- You will not upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that:
- infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity;
- you do not have a right to make available under any law or under any contractual or fiduciary relationship (such as inside information, proprietary, and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- is defamatory, libelous, knowingly false, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another's privacy, promotes violence, or contains hate speech (i.e., speech that attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity); or
- discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person's e-mail address, mailing or permanent address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information.
- You will not "stalk," threaten, or otherwise harass another User: Visitor or Registered User;
- You will not instigate or encourage others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person;
- You will be courteous, treating everyone with respect, as showing respect to others makes the community better for all members;
- You will not spam or use the Services to engage in any commercial activities, including, without limitation, raising money; advertising or promoting a product, service, website, or company; or engaging in any pyramid or other multi-tiered marketing scheme;
- You will not access or use the Services to collect any market research for a competing business or businesses;
- You will not acquire or attempt to acquire any resources or information through any means not intentionally made through the Services;
- You will not gather for the purpose of "spamming" any email addresses that users post in any public posting areas;
- You will not post any off-topic or irrelevant material to the Website;
- You will not violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law;
- You will not manipulate identifiers in a manner that disguises the origin of any content you transmit through any Communications Service;
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- You will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Services through the use of any means designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, telecommunications, or other equipment, or to cause a security breach of such software, hardware, telecommunications, or other equipment (such as a virus, worm, computer code, file, program, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Services through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means);
- You will not cover, obscure, block, or, in any way, interfere with any promoted messages and/or safety features (e.g., report abuse button) on the Services; and
We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to deny you access to the Services, or any portion of the Services, without notice, and to remove any content that does not adhere to these guidelines.
3.Permitted and Prohibited Uses
Permitted Uses. You may access and use the Website for which registration is not required as set forth herein. Certain areas within the Website may be accessed by you, but only after registering with the Website and providing the information requested through the Registration Process, as outlined below. You may access and use the Website for the following purposes:
- To learn about nonprofit organizations for the purpose of evaluating them as recipients of charitable donations including grants;
- To learn more or exchange information about specific nonprofit organizations or general issues of interest to the nonprofit community;
- To investigate nonprofit entities for purposes of providing goods or services to them or for entering into other types of business relationships with them;
- To fulfill your business or organizational mission of making charitable donations to nonprofit entities;
- To conduct comparative or other "best practices" research purposes;
- For your own internal business use; and
- In the case of governmental agencies, performing regulatory or research functions related to nonprofit entities
Prohibited Uses. You may not:
- Use the Website for the benefit of any third party, other than as part of a Permitted Use;
- Republish or distribute information from the Website without Wikiniki's express written consent;
- Modify information from the Website except in connection with a Permitted Use;
- Disassemble, decode, decompile, or otherwise reverse engineer the Website, including, without limitation, any interfaces or software programs comprising the Website;
- Take any action that would impede or interfere with the operation of the Website or alter Contents of the Website, or alter or interfere with any other content, website, or software that Wikiniki owns or controls;
- Directly or indirectly, change, recompile, reframe, rent, sell, distribute or publish any of the Website, any database thereon and/or any content thereon, or any portion thereof, without explicit written consent from Wikiniki;
- Use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction methods with respect to the Website or any portion thereof; or;
- Use the Website directly or indirectly in competition with Wikiniki in any way whatsoever.
The Services are available for individuals aged 13 years or older. If you are 13 or older, but under the age of 18, you should review the Agreement with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand it.
5.Sign-In Name; Password; Unique Identifiers
During the registration process for Registered Users, we will ask you to create an account, which includes a sign-in name, a password, and certain additional information that will assist in authenticating your identity when you log-in in the future. When creating your account, you must provide true, accurate, current, and complete information. Each Sign-In Name and corresponding Password can be used by only one Registered User. You are solely responsible for the confidentiality and use of your Sign-In Name, Password, and Unique Identifiers, as well as for any use, misuse, or communications entered through the Services using one or more of them. You will promptly inform us of any need to deactivate a Password or Sign-In Name, or change any Unique Identifier. We reserve the right to delete or change your Password, Sign-In Name, or Unique Identifier at any time and for any reason. Wikiniki will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
6.Communications With Us
Communications From Wikiniki. You understand and agree that, as part of your Registration Process for and use of the Website, Charity Navigator may send to you certain communications from time to time, including (a) product announcements, including but not limited to announcements concerning modifications, enhancements, and/or upgrades to the Website; (b) service announcements, including but not limited to announcements regarding conditions or other possible interruptions that may affect use of and/or access to the Website and/or any services or other products offered by Wikiniki; and (c) other administrative updates. You further understand and agree that your agreement to receive such communications is a condition of your use of the Website as a Registered User. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new feature that enhances or supplements the Website shall be subject to the Agreement.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites ("External Sites"). These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by us of the content on such External Sites. The content of such External Sites is developed and provided by others. You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or any content located on such External Sites. We are not responsible for the content of any linked External Sites and do not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such External Sites. You should take precautions when downloading files from all websites to protect your computer from viruses and other destructive programs. If you decide to access linked External Sites, you do so at your own risk.
8.Representations; Warranties; and Indemnification
- You hereby represent, warrant, and covenant that:
- You own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to all trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary, privacy, and publicity rights in and to your User Content and any other works that you incorporate into your User Content, and all the rights necessary to grant the licenses and permissions you grant hereunder;
- Use of your User Content in the manners contemplated in the Agreement shall not violate or misappropriate the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, contractual, or other rights of any third party; and
- You shall not submit to the Services any User Content that violates our community guidelines set forth above.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our officers, directors, employees, successors, licensees, and assign harmless from and against any claims, actions, or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from: (i) your breach of the Agreement; (ii) your access to, use, or misuse of Content, User Content, or the Services, and (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, property, or privacy right. We shall provide notice to you of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit, or proceeding. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter that is subject to indemnification under this section. In such case, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests assisting our defense of such matter.
9.Termination of the Agreement
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate the Agreement and your access to all or any part of the Services, at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Services at any time without prior notice or liability.