Earth Day is on its way, and there are a lot of us who are looking to see what we can do in order to celebrate this special and important day.
If you want to care for the Earth more, and you want to take the time to celebrate Earth Day, then this article will help you to figure out exactly what you want to do in the long run. Check it out, try some of them, and have a great time when it comes to helping the Earth to be what it deserves to be.
We required this planet more than this planet require us. Let’s plant as much trees as we can. Let’s divest from fossil fuels and make cities 100% renewable. Let’s be a part of global campaign aimed at educating people about environmental issues and factors responsible for environment degradation.
Let’s start now. And let’s not stop.
Earth Day is more than just a single day — April 22. It’s bigger than attending a rally and taking a stand. Here are 25 different ways you can celebrate Earth day.
1. If you are in a situation where you can actually walk, ride your bike, or carpool in order to get from place to place, then it may be time for you to consider that.
The fewer cars on the road, the better off that we will be when it comes to our atmosphere.
2. You can volunteer your time to organizations (local or national) that put effort into making the world a better place and helping the environment. There are a lot of great things that you can do, and on Earth Day, there are usually local activities as well.
3. Did you know that switching all of your bills to e-bills and online invoices can save millions of trees every single year? It’s true!
If you are in a position where you can do that without making everything more confusing and stressful, then you definitely want to look at the different things that you can do in the long run.
4. Education is the key to everything that you do for the environment.
If you know more about what you can do to protect the environment, then you will be able to use that knowledge and share it with others who may be interested in it as well. And that, in the long run, can make a big difference.
5. Do you want to encourage others to get in on the celebration?
Then consider putting together what is known as a pledge board at work, school, or your place of worship.
You can leave post it notes there so that people can write down the activities that they pledge to do for the environment throughout the next year or so.
6. Do you have a recycling plan in place?
If you already do, start looking into what you have in order to expand what you’re recycling.
If you do not, then you want to take a look and see what you can recycle in your local area and if you can work to make a difference in that way.
7. Do your faucets leak?
If so, did you know that this wastes a lot of water on a yearly basis?
If you haven’t done so yet, then you may want to look into how you can go ahead and get started with it during the next year.
8. Plant a tree.
Trees are a big part of our earth, and planting one will just add to the health and wellness of the world that we live in.
9. Join a group that is focused on taking care of the environment and see how you can help.
It can get your family involved and excited about everything that is available.
10. Go to a local event.
A lot of communities will have an “Earth Day fair” or something similar that your family can enjoy together and learn from.
11. Stop drinking bottled water!
There are plenty of alternatives out there and, if you stop drinking bottled water, you can save a lot of plastic that would, otherwise, be filling up landfills and dumps.
12. Consider making your yard an oasis for birds and other creatures.
You can put in a bird feeder, install birdhouses, put in a bird bath, and more. By making it comfortable for them, they will be more likely to stick around.
13. Help kids learn about the environment by installing a play garden.
These can help children to start to fall in love with nature while also being a lot of fun and helping them to get their hands a little bit dirty at the same time.
14. Consider putting together your own garden in your yard.
This can save you money, help enrich the area, and it can make it so that you can get more out of what you’re doing on a regular basis.
15. Are you concerned about legislation at the state or national level when it comes to the environment?
Then now may be the time for you to write an email or letter to your representative, senator, or whatever official that you may be looking to talk to about environment.
16. Have you updated your light bulbs yet?
There are a lot of different options out there that you can choose from, and most of them are much more environmentally friendly than what we grew up with. Changing them can save you a lot of time, money, and energy.
17. Put together an activity for your community if there isn’t one going on.
Organize an event, do a community clean up, or put together a fair if there isn’t one already there.
18. Consider adopting a highway.
Our roads get a lot of litter and junk on them on a regular basis, and there are highways all over the country that do not have what they need when it comes to people that can clean them. Go with your work or group of friends to take care of things.
19. Take some time to work with your local school.
Local schools need all of the help that they can get when it comes to figuring out the best way to get kids more interested in the environment and its care.
20. Take initiative to make sure that your workplace is more environmentally friendly.
See what you can do in order to make it just a little bit easier on everyone when it comes to getting involved with caring for the environment. Do research on recycling and get everything in order so you can all do your part.
21. Go and enjoy nature in a special way.
Go on a hike. Go to the park. Do something that gets you in touch with nature and that helps to remind you exactly why you’re going to want to go ahead and put so much time, effort, and energy into what you have to offer here.
22. Put together a list of goals for the following year.
What do you want to do throughout the year? What steps are you going to take in order to make sure that you can get everything that you need without a lot of hassle? Focus on those things above everything else.
23. Consider finding a way to help an environmental organization financially.
If you have additional finances, there are all sorts of organizations out there who will need a little bit of help with money.
Most are nonprofit organizations, so look into the ones that work on the things that you are most concerned about or most interested in and consider donating to them.
24. “Adopt ”a creature at a wildlife preserve.
There are a lot of them out there that need sponsoring, so consider finding a rescue that takes care of your favorite animals, then see how you can adopt and help pay for the care and such that one of these beautiful animals needs.
25. Don’t just leave it to Earth day!
If we can do a myriad of things when we are celebrating Earth Day, imagine just how much more that we could do if we took care of the environment every other day during the year. So, why not look into what can be done through the whole year and make taking care of the environment a regular part of how you live.
There could be number of other ways to celebrate Earth day. These are just 25 ways by which you can celebrate Earth day and make a small contribution to the global campaign.
Source: conserve energy future Website
Write Your Comment